Thursday, August 13, 2009

Amazing Hotel Swimming Pools

"Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above them." - Washington Irving
========================================================


While surfing the net I came across tons of photos of these gorgeous pools (which I will likely never be able to afford to visit much less stay), and decided to share a handful here on my little blog in case someone that hasn't seen them happens across them 1st here instead. There are certainly many more to be found, to the point I had a hard time choosing which to include, and ended up choosing these at random.

This is the
pool in the Hugh Hefner Sky Villa, top suite of the Las Vegas Palms.









Here I see I've accidentally included 2 pix (I know its 3 shots, but the top one is a split shot and came with the 2 angles), but I'll just leave em rather than fool with editing it. These are from the San Alfonso El Mar in Chile - what a pool! Some shots show boats operating in this pool.




Palace of the Lost City hotel, Sun City, South Africa.







Jade Mountain, St Lucia.




Hotel Caruso, Italy.









Well, I managed to lose the name and location of this one, but its pretty, so I'm leaving it.





This is the Blue Lagoon Geothermal Pool in Iceland, tho I neglected to note the name of the resort. I think, tho I'm unsure, that this is not really a hotel but more like a health resort. And tho its lovely, I've seen (and been thoroughly freaked out by) the movie Hostel, which had a resort too much like this one for me to actually ever want to stay here.






I hope nobody looks at these hoping to USE my info to vacation at these hotels, since I've been sloppy: I didn't note the names of this hotel, or the following one, either. I don't even know the country this one is in...


But this one is in Hong Kong.








These last several are all from the same hotel/pool: The Golden Nugget in Las Vegas. The pool has several very cool features (I think I even missed a couple of them), including a water slide which goes down thru a shark/fish tank.














The photo of the water slide from inside the shark tank is obviously photoshopped: its from the Golden Nugget's pamphlet, and meant to demonstrate what its like from inside. I'm sure its easier to do it this way than to try to get a good quality real photo from inside, not to mention safer since there IS a shark. Well, and I'd be surprised if you really got such a good view of the fish and shark in reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment