Friday, March 13, 2009

QUOTES by MAYA ANGELOU




* Childrens' talent to endure stems from their ignorance of alternatives. {there are a couple of ways to go with this as advise, but for me, it says that when we undergo hard times, it's easier if we accept that this is the way things are - rather than keep ourselves frantic worrying about it, and wearing ourselves out looking for a way out of a situation for which there IS no real way out. Live with it.}




* Courage is fear that has said it's prayers.




* No man can know where he's going unless he knows exactly where he's been and exactly how he arrived at his present place.




*The quality of strength lined with tenderness is an unbeatable combination, as are intelligence and necessity when unblunted by a formal education. {Our education system has a lot of flaws - and I'll likely be writing a few blogs about it sooner or later. One of the worst results of those flaws is that it does dull a child's thirst for knowledge (I know, I mixed my metaphors but I'm tired and its loud here and I can't think of a better one) and makes learning an unpleasant chore, rather than making learning the immense pleasure it should, and could, be.}




* There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it.




* {The following, most people will realize without my help, is NOT intended to concern rumors. It is about one's OWN story, or relating a thing that you witnessed as a remarkable tale, not idle and nosy gossip. I just had to say so, for a few people may take it otherwise, and that is NOT what Maya Angelou is about.} There's no agony like bearing an untold story inside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment